Pillar 1: Productivity & Innovation in Private Sector Firms
Technical assistance for projects that enhance productivity and competitiveness of Caribbean businesses under four areas:
- Cluster Operations: initiatives that overcome barriers related to economies of scale and competitiveness.
- Innovations Funds: initiatives aimed at resolving low productivity.
- Technology Extension Services: technical assistance to improve business management processes and production processes.
- Entrepreneurship: Technical assistance to institutions that provide entrepreneurial support.
Pillar 2: Enhancing the Business and Innovation Climate
Technical assistance is granted for activities that enhance the legal, institutional and regulatory framework for business and innovation.
- Studies aimed at identifying constraints to competitiveness, productivity, innovation and job creation.
- Reforms aimed at improving the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Index ranking.
- Sector level reform, capacity assessment and institutional strengthening that promotes private sector development.
- Expert advice for the implementation of policy reforms to improve business and innovation climate.