Creative Tech Lab – Musicians
Request for Expression of Interest – Musicians and Creators of Music
The Inter-American Development Bank is executing for the first time ever in the Caribbean, a Creative Tech Lab, where technologists, coders, and web designers will form teams with 3-5 musicians from Jamaica to create new ways of using new technologies (such as blockchain, virtual reality, or artificial intelligence) that support our local artists in improving their revenue streams and in capturing new market opportunities. This stimulating initiative is based on the experience of the Open Music Initiative’s 2017 Summer Lab where two Jamaican artists visited the Media Lab in Boston to contribute to and explore the application of blockchain technology to the music industry.
The Creative Tech Lab takes place in Jamaica over the month of March, culminating in a splash event on March 30th and 31st where teams will share their prototypes. Deadline to submit applications: February 22nd . During the month of March, selected participants can benefit from webinars on the fundamentals of the music business, actively learn and apply design sprint methodology, explore new emerging technologies that are transforming the music industry, interact with assigned mentors, gain access to technical and financial assistance to further develop technological solutions.
Join us on this journey by applying below!
View the video below to learn more about this amazing opportunity.
- Learn about emerging technologies which are transforming the creative industry and the world
- Develop a Mentor-Mentee relationship with established musicians or technologists
- Expand your network within the industry
- International visibility for the technological solution your team develops
- Learn about opportunities for accessing finance for the development of solutions
- Have the opportunity to inform the creation of tailored solutions to optimise your revenue stream
- Be a citizen of an IDB member country currently residing in Jamaica (see https://www.iadb.org/en/about-us/who-we-are )
- Be either a musician; a professional working with a production company, studio, publishing company, management company, or other music industry company operating in the Caribbean; or a professional that undertakes administrative functions to support musicians in the music industry
- Ability to be in Jamaica during the month of March to work in teams and participate in all activities of the Workshop programme (forthcoming).
- Must fill out the application form which requires:
- an online link(s) to your music
- an online link to a personal website or CV outlining your work
- Must have experience doing recording and working in live settings
- At least one year experience
- Only individual artists are eligible or one individual selected to represent a group
- Age or gender does not matter. We encourage youths and women to apply!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this great opportunity, you will need to submit an online application here:
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org